Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Working Hard, hardly working

Does anyone have recommendations for a decent books we could read re: Christianity and Homonsexuality? We are running into some fundamental hurdles with D's parentals, and despite our research-- I feel grossly unprepared.
In other news, we don't really have any! We are going to try to set down an actual date for the wedding in the next few weeks after we visit the venue. Also, I have found these save the date magnets on DesignHerGals which is a fun make your own stationary site. I absolutley love these folks. They do a lot of great stuff for breast cancer research and they have some creative stationary and business cards and invitations. I get my business cards printed from them and get compliments on it all the time.
Here is the little thing I made for the two of us:

This was an e-card. So the save the dates would be different. Here is my question.
Is this terrible? Or awesome? I mean, I lurve my business cards, but is this Save the Date worthy?

6 comments:

Molly said...

http://www.iwgonline.org/marriage/

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Bible-Homosexuality-Revised-Expanded/dp/066423397X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

These would be more for y'all than for parents:

http://www.uua.org/documents/obgltc/weddingguide.pdf

Mrs. Belle said...

Cute! I think they would be nice as magnets. I'd put it on my fridge. I think Save the Dates should be fun, not stuffy and pretentious. Can the dog bark something witty?

Susan said...

Do I need to express my love of design her gals? I think not. I also agree with the person above that mentions magnets. I think that's a v fun idea.

Anonymous said...

This report is fairly even-handed and from a religious perspective (though probably not the same perspective as your partner's parents). And this group has a lot of helpful resources, and they're ecumenical. Their main chaplain is from the USA; I'm not sure exactly where, but she has a definite southern drawl. They may be able to point you towards a similar group in your area.
Good luck!

SpiderMonkey said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for liking our stuff and telling people!

-Amy Mauk
amy@designhergals.com

Kathryn said...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.htm

I was looking around at the Episco debate about homosexuality and came across the website above. Might be helpful.